We recently spent three sunny days at the OutdoorShow in Friedrichshafen, Germany, and one of our favourite parts of the show was chatting to lots of lovely outdoorsy people about stoves, wood, fire and adventures. We were surprised to find out that many of the people we spoke to at the show had never heard of eco logs! So we thought we'd share a few facts about the best, most sustainable fuel around...
1. The hole in the middle makes them burn better. Our logs are special because of the hole in the middle: it increases the surface area and allows air to flow around the logs, bringing oxygen to the burn and allowing the logs to burn super hot and clean.
2. They're 100% pure high-quality wood: no glue or chemicals added. This means that when you burn our eco logs in your stove, there's no chance of clogging the flue with tarry buildup, which can often happen when burning either treated wood
3. We cut them right here on our yard! This means that we can get the size and quality exactly right, and make sure that a perfect box of fuel arrives on your doorstep.
4. Not all eco fuel is created equal. We tested every fuel type under the sun before we arrived on this one. Some expanded too much as they burned, others left too much ash behind meaning the stove needed cleaning out. After lots of research and many test fires, we landed on a formula that doesn't expand at all, leaves almost no ash behind and burns better than any of the other fuels we trialled.
5. It works in all our stoves - including the Horizon. Most rocket stoves run best on kindling or small pieces of wood, but because of the unique hole in the middle of our eco fuel, they work perfectly in the Horizon Stove. Just drop one down the chamber once you've started the fire with a firelighter and some kindling, and it'll provide good, even heat: perfect for cooking on.
Can't wait to get your hands on this sustainable, high-performance fuel? Get it here.